Are you a U.S. resident looking for a virtual, work-from-home position with a dynamic technology group, in a company with a strong culture of collaboration?
We are growing! Join a department of developers, business analysts, QA, operations and support specialists who support an entrepreneurial company of 110-plus people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, ecommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
LaCalle Group is the parent company to two great brands – continued and Simucase. We are fast-paced, structured, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work, our professions and we’re looking for another person to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, and ranked #6 on the Best Small Workplaces in the US in 2019. Learn more about us at continued.com and Simucase.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be part of the IT Operations team. Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We collaborate, enjoy healthy debate; and are looking for someone who can thrive in that environment. As we are a small team, we cross train and support each other as needed. We are driven by endless curiosity and a desire to solve problems.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR who is motivated, creative, personable, and fun to join our IT Operations team to help support and scale our production environments powering our 24x7x365 SaaS platform.
- Full-time, standard weekday business hours
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the U.S. and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings
- Occasional after hours support and participate in on-call rotation
- Proactively maintain our server environments using industry standard tools and techniques
- Create and maintain systems documentation and runbooks
- Plan, prioritize and document work using agile methodologies (mostly Kanban)
- Use configuration management tools (Ansible) to ensure consistent, reproducible environments
- Use monitoring, metrics and automation to make your job easier
- Manage, coordinate and implement upgrades, migrations, patches, etc.
- Help implement new technologies to provide for better scaling and efficiencies (e.g. FaaS, Kubernetes)
- Work with IT Operations Manager and other technical leadership to define long term roadmap for our production environments
- Support organizational security standards, best practices, preventative measures, and disaster recovery plans
- Suggest improvements, your voice will be heard
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful. Other requirements include:
- A verbal and written communication pro – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly
- 2 years of Linux Administration experience
- Experience in at least one common systems automation language (python, go, etc)
- Passion for automation and documentation
- Ability to take ownership of your work, establish deadlines and communicate progress proactively
- Easy going, fun, and a team player – must be able to comprehend highly-advanced forms of sarcasm
Specific experience or knowledge in the following areas are preferred but not required:
We prefer a great/interested/excited candidate with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged candidate with tons of experience.
Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; 2) a book you’ve read, or talk you’ve watched recently, that you learned something from; and 3) your salary requirements. Submissions without this information will not be considered.